This activity give kids an opportunity to gain experience with fingerprint recognition. Refer to Fingerprint Matching to learn about the different characteristics of fingerprints that make everyone's unique.
Notebook Computer with PowerPoint.
Futronic FS50 PIV Dual
Free Innovatrics Demo Software with Nice User Interface, and Free Database of 10000 Fingerprints.
- 1. Enroll your thumbprint(s).
- 2. Use Print Screen and put image in *.ppt (Ctrl-V).
- 3. Crop and save images to a folder / USB drive.
- 4. Print image on full-size paper.
- 5. Identify whorl/arch/loop and marks and labels different types of minutiae.
- 6. Return to scanner to see if it can identify your fingerprint.